Home » Audio » General » Alternative to Audible
Alternative to Audible [message #85747] Sun, 30 July 2017 21:21 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I have a long commute each day, which is made bearable with audio books. I usually buy them on Audible; however, I'd like to find options outside of the Amazon ecosystem. I prefer narrated books that I can own outright. I don't mind paying for them, but I want to own them - be allowed to re-sell, gift, or exchange the book. Where can I find audio books like that?
Re: Alternative to Audible [message #85751 is a reply to message #85747] Mon, 31 July 2017 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
Do audio books give you the convenience of listening while walking or commuting? I've never thought of this. I will be glad to hear the suggestions to this because I'm only fond of the e-books.
Re: Alternative to Audible [message #85752 is a reply to message #85747] Mon, 31 July 2017 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Bcharlton, it's a bit like having someone read to you. That way you can focus your eyes on something else and use your hands to do something else. They're perfect for long commutes. Keeps me awake and engaged overall.
Re: Alternative to Audible [message #85758 is a reply to message #85752] Wed, 02 August 2017 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
Lost the Remote wrote on Mon, 31 July 2017 16:04
Bcharlton, it's a bit like having someone read to you. That way you can focus your eyes on something else and use your hands to do something else. They're perfect for long commutes. Keeps me awake and engaged overall.

I'm not sure if this can work for me since I tend to miss out on a few words when listening. Do the audio books give the option of rewinding?
Re: Alternative to Audible [message #94638 is a reply to message #85747] Thu, 21 October 2021 06:32 Go to previous message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
There are free audiobooks on PlayStore, but those are mainly the old bunch. You won't expect to see new releases, and the ads may come off as irritating. Still, books are books, and something might pique your interest.
Previous Topic: Audio myths
Next Topic: Louder Volume Equals Inaudible Words
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:57:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout