Home » Audio » Source » Mini Disc
Mini Disc [message #85743] Sun, 30 July 2017 12:13 Go to next message
minora is currently offline  minora
Baron
Do any of you still own a Mini Disc? Perhaps you still have a deck or a portable player to play and record into the disc. I've heard that music producers sometimes still use a mini disc to play around with their arrangements because it's easy to record and remove data as we need. This is probably the era of flash drive and such, so I wonder if people still really use it for serious business.
Re: Mini Disc [message #85760 is a reply to message #85743] Wed, 02 August 2017 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caitlan is currently offline  Caitlan
Baron
I do not use mini disc. I prefer to listen to everything from my phone or laptop. It is interesting that music producers still use them.
Re: Mini Disc [message #85768 is a reply to message #85760] Wed, 02 August 2017 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I haven't seen one in decades.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Mini Disc [message #85800 is a reply to message #85760] Sun, 06 August 2017 02:09 Go to previous message
minora is currently offline  minora
Baron
Caitlan wrote on Thu, 03 August 2017 01:55
I do not use mini disc. I prefer to listen to everything from my phone or laptop. It is interesting that music producers still use them.

As far as I know, some musicians or producers use MiniDisc to transcribe music or lyrics to a sheet music. The track can be chopped and repeated easier to support them. I can't imagine it being used in big studios which can probably afford more sophisticated machines, but I guess the smaller groups or independent producer can use one until they can upgrade.
Previous Topic: Were records pirated in their heyday?
Next Topic: Any recommendations for music players with Bluetooth?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:18:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio