Home » Audio » General » What was the easiest instrument for you to learn?
What was the easiest instrument for you to learn? [message #85677] Sun, 23 July 2017 17:37 Go to next message
WorkingWoman2017 is currently offline  WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
I have learned to play many instruments, including, clarinet, bass clarinet, sax, flute and piano. If you asked me what was the easiest for me to learn I think it was the flute. I learned this instrument second after the clarinet and my abilities with that were a big boost to learning the flute. What about you?
Re: What was the easiest instrument for you to learn? [message #85680 is a reply to message #85677] Sun, 23 July 2017 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Red2017 is currently offline  Red2017
Esquire
I'm not very musical personally but I do know how to play the Kazu. My tones may not be best but I really love doing it. It is also a great thing to start out a child on. They really like doing it.
Re: What was the easiest instrument for you to learn? [message #85684 is a reply to message #85677] Sun, 23 July 2017 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bert is currently offline  Bert
Baron
I have also played many instruments and enjoyed most of them, though a lot of them were hard to play. However, the easiest one for me to learn was probably the recorder.
Re: What was the easiest instrument for you to learn? [message #85685 is a reply to message #85680] Sun, 23 July 2017 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bert is currently offline  Bert
Baron
I have also played many instruments and enjoyed most of them, though a lot of them were hard to play. However, the easiest one for me to learn was probably the recorder.
Re: What was the easiest instrument for you to learn? [message #95578 is a reply to message #85677] Mon, 02 May 2022 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
Learning how to play the recorder is the easiest because I remember I was in elementary when I had to learn it. It's funny cause I only recently learned that it is different from a flute.
Re: What was the easiest instrument for you to learn? [message #95616 is a reply to message #85677] Fri, 13 May 2022 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
The piano is probably the easiest to learn for me because all you have to do is know the notes. It's not that difficult compared to other instruments since it's similar to playing the keyboard. Like all others, it's also easy to forget when you don't play regularly.
Re: What was the easiest instrument for you to learn? [message #95773 is a reply to message #85677] Tue, 05 July 2022 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dropuc is currently offline  Dropuc
Chancellor
I have tried quite a number like the piano and the drum, but I discovered to learn fast, the portability of an instrument comes into play to make it an easy one. Thus, the flute, the guitar, and mostly the Tamborine are the easiest for me.
Re: What was the easiest instrument for you to learn? [message #95784 is a reply to message #95773] Thu, 07 July 2022 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dropuc is currently offline  Dropuc
Chancellor
I have tried quite a number like the piano and the drum, but I discovered to learn fast, the portability of an instrument comes into play to make it an easy one. Thus, the flute, the guitar, and mostly the tamborine are the easiest for me.
Re: What was the easiest instrument for you to learn? [message #95837 is a reply to message #85677] Thu, 14 July 2022 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
billy37 is currently offline  billy37
Esquire
Can you give me some piece of advice? I want to learn to play the keyboard. I have this mini one. I'm wondering if there's any good software that can teach you via midi and games etc. I remember when I learned to touch type, I used some software which was very good at teaching you with games and tests. is there anything like this for learning to play the keyboard? it doesn't need to have games or anything but it must be something that tells you what to play and then recognizes your midi input and gives you feedback. something along those lines.
Re: What was the easiest instrument for you to learn? [message #95847 is a reply to message #85677] Thu, 21 July 2022 03:03 Go to previous message
tedslist is currently offline  tedslist
Esquire
Hi there. If it helps, we have three articles that are specifically about choosing the easiest instrument; all written by world-class professional musicians.

If you're looking for a string instrument, you could visit: https://teds-list.com/tutorial/easiest-string-instrument-to-learn/

If you're looking to play a wind instrument, take a look at: https://teds-list.com/tutorial/easiest-wind-instrument-to-learn/

Finally, if you're wanting to play a brass instrument, take a look here.

Or if you still do not know what instrument to learn, we have a great article called 10 Tips To Quickly Figure Out What Instrument You Should Be Playinghttps://teds-list.com/tutorial/10-tips-to-quickly-figure-out-what-instrument-you-should-be-playing/ that you should like.

I do hope this is helpful, and we have a great comments section where you can ask any question and a pro musician will answer.

Good luck!

Robert Emery
Founder of Ted's Listhttps://teds-list.com/tutorial/how-to-choose-the-right-brass-instrument/
Previous Topic: Can Music Change the World?
Next Topic: System Outage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:02:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout