Home » Audio » General » Want to buy remote like hospitals
Want to buy remote like hospitals [message #85604] Mon, 10 July 2017 13:33 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I'd like to buy a remote control for my grandmother that is similar to the ones used in hospitals, at least around here. The remote hooks to the bed by a long cord, it has a few simple buttons, and best yet, it has a speaker in it too. You just put the remote in bed with you and it's easy to hear.

I looked on Amazon and can't find it. I've asked the hospital for information, but have gotten blank stares so far. The remote doesn't have a brand name or other identifying information. Any clue where to buy these?
Re: Want to buy remote like hospitals [message #85615 is a reply to message #85604] Wed, 12 July 2017 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Why not go for a wired remote speaker and a standard remote. Just plug the one into the headphone jack. If the output is not enough get one of the powered remote speakers and plug it into the jack and use a long extension cable. A more elegant way is to get a blue tooth transmitter and receiver.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Want to buy remote like hospitals [message #85632 is a reply to message #85604] Fri, 14 July 2017 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keven is currently offline  Keven
Baron
I know what remotes you are talking about, they are great for some people. However, I think that you should go with what gofar99 suggested.
Re: Want to buy remote like hospitals [message #85633 is a reply to message #85604] Sat, 15 July 2017 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
The problem with something like this is there is sometimes a minimal order requirement.

http://www.curbellmedical.com//files/nurse_call_and_bed_products_catalog/index.html
Re: Want to buy remote like hospitals [message #85640 is a reply to message #85604] Sun, 16 July 2017 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
How on earth did you find it, johnnycamp5? I tried everything from googling key terms, to emailing the hospital administration, to begging the maintenance department, to calling every nursing home in my town. Thank you so much! You've given me the actual name, the manufacturer, and pictures I can show around in case someone else knows where to find something similar. I really appreciate this! I'd love to know how you unearthed it though.

gofar99, I appreciate the suggestion, but one of the great things about the Curbell remote is its simplicity. There's a volume dial, an up and down channel, and a simple 0-9 key pad. On the other hand, every other remote has a zillion buttons that are jam-packed together and difficult for shaky fingers to push correctly. Part of that is due to Comcast Xfinity, but the hospital had the same cable with a simple remote so I know it can be done.

You all are such a helpful group! I've gotten my father's record player fixed, dusted off his records, and received information about this remote all thanks to you all. I appreciate the kindness!
Re: Want to buy remote like hospitals [message #85642 is a reply to message #85640] Sun, 16 July 2017 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Lost the Remote wrote on Sun, 16 July 2017 04:01
How on earth did you find it, johnnycamp5?

I really don't recall how I stumbled across it.
It may have had something to do with "Nurse call".

Regards!
Re: Want to buy remote like hospitals [message #85670 is a reply to message #85642] Sat, 22 July 2017 19:38 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Lost the Remote wrote on Sun, 16 July 2017 03:01
I've gotten my father's record player fixed

I didn't know you got Dad's record player fixed. That's awesome! I came here to ask about it originally but got distracted by piano talk.

Thank you to everyone who chimed in with information. I can't believe you found it, johnnycamp, when our family had tried everything under the sun to locate the device. Thanks!
Previous Topic: Appealing Accents
Next Topic: What's the reason different generations all hate teen music?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:45:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio