Home » Audio » General » What's the reason different generations all hate teen music?
What's the reason different generations all hate teen music? [message #85584] Sat, 08 July 2017 15:19 Go to next message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
I think that it is just in our genes. The music I grew up with, my mother couldn't stand. I couldn't stand her music. I think this is just a generational gap that can't be mended.
Re: What's the reason different generations all hate teen music? [message #85590 is a reply to message #85584] Sun, 09 July 2017 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Well, there is some 'teenage' music that I can associate with. On the other hand, there are quite a number that I deem 'unfit' for my age. I think it depends on the quality and standard of music plus, of course, the generational gap that exists.
Re: What's the reason different generations all hate teen music? [message #85648 is a reply to message #85584] Tue, 18 July 2017 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Red2017 is currently offline  Red2017
Esquire
For most, I think it is a rebellion thing. They play music that they know their parents won't like or approve of. Teen music contains a lot of "love you" lyrics too and I really don't approve of that for the "tween" group.
Re: What's the reason different generations all hate teen music? [message #85651 is a reply to message #85648] Tue, 18 July 2017 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
Red2017 wrote on Tue, 18 July 2017 13:34
For most, I think it is a rebellion thing. They play music that they know their parents won't like or approve of. Teen music contains a lot of "love you" lyrics too and I really don't approve of that for the "tween" group.

I agree with you on this one. I think teenage years are the trickiest for anyone growing up because teens want to try everything that the parents don't approve of.
Re: What's the reason different generations all hate teen music? [message #85667 is a reply to message #85584] Thu, 20 July 2017 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bert is currently offline  Bert
Baron
I understand what you are saying, however most of the time people ae exaggerating. Like a lot of older people like to say they don't like what teens listen to these days, but at the same time they're singing Taylor Swift.
Re: What's the reason different generations all hate teen music? [message #85681 is a reply to message #85651] Sun, 23 July 2017 17:49 Go to previous message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
I have to agree with you here. Kids just love to piss off their parents as much as possible. They do it under the guise of individuality but it's really all bull if you ask me.
Previous Topic: Want to buy remote like hospitals
Next Topic: Favorite Instrument
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:22:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout