Home » xyzzy » Tower » Explicit Things
Explicit Things [message #85516] Wed, 28 June 2017 10:00 Go to next message
Bert is currently offline  Bert
Baron
I was allowed to listen to and watch explicit things at a young age, and I turned out fine. However, I can't say the same for a lot of my friends. So, at what age do you think kids should be allowed to watch and listen to explicit things?
Re: Explicit Things [message #85518 is a reply to message #85516] Wed, 28 June 2017 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
I think it depends on the kid. I watched a lot of stuff with my daughter (however it wasn't as sexually explicit as it is now). She's 25 now and has a daughter of her own. She will not allow her 4 year old to watch sex however, she lets her watch horror. I don't know if I like that either. She gets nightmares.
Re: Explicit Things [message #85530 is a reply to message #85518] Sat, 01 July 2017 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bert is currently offline  Bert
Baron
Watching gory things at a young age has always been acceptable to me. However, I think that maybe kids should be a little older before watching sexual scenes.
Re: Explicit Things [message #94502 is a reply to message #85516] Sat, 25 September 2021 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
Gradual exposure to sexual scenes starting at the age of five should be fine if there's an explanation that goes with it. Given that, the adult wouldn't make it appear weird by using codes and beating around the bush.
Re: Explicit Things [message #94506 is a reply to message #94502] Sat, 25 September 2021 08:09 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I find it absurd and amusing in watching movies off of the air tv that any bare body part deemed explicit is blurred. But a head shot or gruesome disembowelment in a sci-fi or horror movie is let through unmasked. I mean even a baby's bum is blurred. Silly, silly, silly. I'll never forget years back, a certain attorney general during a speech next to a female classical statue with a bare breast was draped to obscure the offensive bosom. It was hilarious.
Previous Topic: Now I remember
Next Topic: Trust Is A Must!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:28:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout