Home » Audio » General » Effect of handheld screens on child development
Effect of handheld screens on child development [message #85319] Sat, 03 June 2017 01:30 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
We all agree that today's modern kid has a lot more at his or her disposal in comparison to say, a 90s kid. A recent study found out that the more time kids aged between six months and two years spent on devices such as electronic games, smartphones and tablets the more likely they were to experience speech delays.

Do you think technology has an effect on their social development?
Re: Effect of handheld screens on child development [message #85393 is a reply to message #85319] Thu, 08 June 2017 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keven is currently offline  Keven
Baron
Great topic. I do think that technology can affect a child's social development. However, I think that their normal, everyday environment is also a factor.
Re: Effect of handheld screens on child development [message #85400 is a reply to message #85319] Sat, 10 June 2017 17:00 Go to previous message
Caitlan is currently offline  Caitlan
Baron
I think that it depends on the child and what they are watching or doing on the devices. Because some kids actually watch shows that encourage them to learn more in some cases.
Previous Topic: Types of background music
Next Topic: Having more than one hearing devices
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:41:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout