Home » Audio » General » Do dogs like music?
Do dogs like music? [message #85314] Fri, 02 June 2017 22:23 Go to next message
PlayerNM is currently offline  PlayerNM
Chancellor
I believe they do, or at least they notice it. I had a dog that would howl with a particular song but I don't know if he liked it or if it hurt his ears. What do you think?
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #85315 is a reply to message #85314] Fri, 02 June 2017 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
It's been said that dogs particularly love classical music. I had a dog that would bark whenever music with heavy beats would be played. Haven't you even seen dogs wearing headphones? So yes, dogs listen to and respond to music.
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #85330 is a reply to message #85314] Sat, 03 June 2017 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keven is currently offline  Keven
Baron
Dogs are just like people. It depends on that dog in particular and the environment that they are used to. So, yes some dogs do like music while others don't.
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #85383 is a reply to message #85314] Thu, 08 June 2017 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caitlan is currently offline  Caitlan
Baron
Just type dogs and music into youtube. I'm sure that you'll find some great videos of dogs who absolutely love music, and it will probably put a smile on your face.
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #85390 is a reply to message #85314] Thu, 08 June 2017 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Dogs are very intelligent animals. I believe they really love music and you can always tell because of the way they respond to beats. My dog seems to have a keen interest in hip hop music.
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #85411 is a reply to message #85314] Mon, 12 June 2017 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
I do believe that dogs like music. Some dogs will even dance to the tune. If they hear you sing, they will try it too even though it comes out like howls. My dog can say "I love you", sort of, so would it be such a stretch for him to like music?
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #93311 is a reply to message #85314] Thu, 11 March 2021 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
My dog is definitely a music lover! He likes to howl along to certain songs. He also likes to play a small piano toy that I got for him. He uses his paws to hit the keys. It's pretty adorable! Smile
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #93322 is a reply to message #85314] Mon, 15 March 2021 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
I think that, like humans, dogs have their own taste of music depending on what they were exposed to. Just be careful not to turn up the volume too much since it's harder for them to express discomfort.
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #93326 is a reply to message #85314] Tue, 16 March 2021 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Personally, I've never noticed. They do recognize and respond to sounds that we make and can even sense the tone of our voices. They know when we're mad, happy, etc....So to me, it's plausible that dogs respond to music and can sense the "tone" of a song as well.

But I'll tell ya, if my dog ever responds more positively to Brittany Spears than The Rolling Stones......someone's going to the dog pound. Laughing
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #93356 is a reply to message #85314] Mon, 22 March 2021 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I heard that if you have a newborn pup and play nothing but soft, slow music around him or her, they will be a lot more tamer than if you don't. I don't know how much truth there is to that though.
Previous Topic: automatic soldering robot
Next Topic: Toroidal Transformer for Amp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:32:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout