Home » Audio » General » Audio missing?
Audio missing? [message #85107] Wed, 03 May 2017 18:13 Go to next message
Lark is currently offline  Lark
Baron
I just transferred some files from my laptop to my tablet and although they play just fine on the laptop, on the tablet there is no sound. What could be the cause of this?
Re: Audio missing? [message #85113 is a reply to message #85107] Thu, 04 May 2017 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
It could be that the tablet isn't able to play the specific formats of the files you have transferred. This also happens to me when I'm trying to play some files through my hard drive directly connected to the TV.
Re: Audio missing? [message #85116 is a reply to message #85107] Fri, 05 May 2017 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
If you've checked that the sound is turned on on the tablet, and in the application you are using to run the files, then there are a few things it could be. If it plays other sounds fine, then it's might be an incompatibility with the files cwemoy suggested. Otherwise you could check if your tablet needs to update its drivers.
Re: Audio missing? [message #85118 is a reply to message #85107] Fri, 05 May 2017 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Singlow is currently offline  Singlow
Chancellor
I recently had the exact same problem. If it is in fact a problem with the drivers on the tablet, how does one go about updating them?
Re: Audio missing? [message #85122 is a reply to message #85107] Fri, 05 May 2017 15:31 Go to previous message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
I don't know much about solving driver issues in a tablet but how about checking the manufacturer's web page. It can be very annoying when you cannot play files in such a device.
Previous Topic: Gamings headphones for music?
Next Topic: Earphones to use when jogging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:21:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout