Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Better quality?
Better quality? [message #84829] Mon, 27 March 2017 03:58 Go to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
How different are Pi speakers in comparison to the ordinary ones? I have never come across them before. I checked the website and it appears the lowest price is around $400. Quite pricy if you ask me.
Re: Better quality? [message #84831 is a reply to message #84829] Mon, 27 March 2017 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The best way to find the answer is to compare specifications. We build loudspeakers that are efficient and have controlled directivity as well as high fidelity. So compare us to others based on response charts - both on-axis and off-axis - and also compare SPL with one watt input.

Re: Better quality? [message #84947 is a reply to message #84829] Sun, 09 April 2017 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rkeman is currently offline  rkeman
Viscount
Pi speakers are a different breed of loudspeaker. Plans for the loudspeakers are available for the asking. Most are purchased as kits or assembled with components obtained from a variety of sources. The cabinets are often built by the consumer or sourced locally from a cabinet maker. I can attest that the 2Pi, 2Pi Tower, 3Pi and 6Pi Cornerhorn are capable of superb performance and are worthy of comparison to much more expensive commercial offerings.
Re: Better quality? [message #85187 is a reply to message #84947] Wed, 10 May 2017 13:00 Go to previous message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
rkeman wrote on Sun, 09 April 2017 20:10
Pi speakers are a different breed of loudspeaker. Plans for the loudspeakers are available for the asking. Most are purchased as kits or assembled with components obtained from a variety of sources. The cabinets are often built by the consumer or sourced locally from a cabinet maker. I can attest that the 2Pi, 2Pi Tower, 3Pi and 6Pi Cornerhorn are capable of superb performance and are worthy of comparison to much more expensive commercial offerings.

Makes perfect sense to me. I once thought of purchasing Pi speakers except that I wasn't ready to go for them straightaway. I agree that it's important to do a comparison of all the specifications.
Previous Topic: 2 pi plans
Next Topic: Mid horn question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:14:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout