Home » xyzzy » Tower » Voice Training
Voice Training [message #84818] Sun, 26 March 2017 14:41 Go to next message
Lark is currently offline  Lark
Baron
Quick (silly) question for you guys: Does anyone know if it's possible to train your voice like how the opera singers do, to the point that you're able to use it to break glass?
Re: Voice Training [message #84819 is a reply to message #84818] Sun, 26 March 2017 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vernon is currently offline  Vernon
Baron
I actually saw a video about this some time ago on Hard Science. Yes it is possible, but it's certainly not easy. Everything in the universe vibrates, and apparently all you have to do is to learn to get your voice to first vibrate in resonance with the frequency of the glass.
Re: Voice Training [message #84845 is a reply to message #84818] Wed, 29 March 2017 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I believe that vocal training is possible. There's a lot that goes into ensuring that voice projection is at its best. I know a friend that has been attending them and so far, so good for her. You definitely have to have a singing voice though.
Re: Voice Training [message #84941 is a reply to message #84818] Sun, 09 April 2017 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lily is currently offline  Lily
Chancellor
I don't believe that you could train your voice to the point where it's possible to use it to break glass. I've always assumed that that is something you only see in the movies and never in real life.
Re: Voice Training [message #85195 is a reply to message #84941] Thu, 11 May 2017 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Lily wrote on Sun, 09 April 2017 18:43
I don't believe that you could train your voice to the point where it's possible to use it to break glass. I've always assumed that that is something you only see in the movies and never in real life.

This made me laugh out loud. The movies really hoodwink us into thinking that some of those things are actually possible. I'd love to really train my voice because I can sing very well.
Re: Voice Training [message #85231 is a reply to message #85195] Mon, 22 May 2017 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
Apparently what you believe you can achieve so maybe you need to believe it first in order to see it? I don't know but why would you want to break glass with your voice anyway? I can show you a million other ways to break glass if you like... Laughing
Re: Voice Training [message #85232 is a reply to message #84818] Mon, 22 May 2017 15:27 Go to previous message
Lark is currently offline  Lark
Baron
That is too funny, Chatzy02. I think the whole point here is to train your voice into being powerful, not just about breaking glass.
Previous Topic: Anyone here into comics?
Next Topic: External harddrive
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:57:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout