Home » Audio » General » Buying first sub woofer
Buying first sub woofer [message #84677] Mon, 06 March 2017 15:55 Go to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
What advice would you give someone who needs to purchase a sub woofer to complement Focal Aria 905s but doesn't have a large budget?
Re: Buying first sub woofer [message #84692 is a reply to message #84677] Tue, 07 March 2017 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lily is currently offline  Lily
Chancellor
As a fellow noob to this forum, I have found that it's really easy to get the answers that you need just by looking through the past threads and searching with relevant terms. Good luck.
Re: Buying first sub woofer [message #84696 is a reply to message #84692] Tue, 07 March 2017 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I would start with a google search. Subs are often on sale from main stream companies. Places such as Parts Express, MCM and Audio Advisor are frequently selling some off. I even got a pair of Martin Logan 300s for $99 each with free shipping that way. If you find something and don't know how good the seller is or the product is just post the question.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Buying first sub woofer [message #84706 is a reply to message #84677] Thu, 09 March 2017 00:47 Go to previous message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
If you've just bought Focal Aria 905's I can see why you don't have a large budget, but they are very good speakers! Without knowing how you're going to mount them, or whether you are after music and hifi or home cinema use it's hard to recommend a good subwoofer. Could you give use more details?
Previous Topic: How to make laptop sound louder
Next Topic: Unusual recordings or curiosities?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:18:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio