Home » Audio » General » Funny audio gaffs and mess-ups
Funny audio gaffs and mess-ups [message #84425] Sat, 28 January 2017 07:01 Go to next message
Hylo
Baron
So many people on here focus on audio that there must be some good stories of gaffs or how not to do it. I've seen someone really determined mix a power and sound input using duct tape and pliers, for a really pretty light display that let the magic smoke out of the speakers. Any stories you want to share?
Re: Funny audio gaffs and mess-ups [message #84451 is a reply to message #84425] Mon, 30 January 2017 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
I can remember when we were setting up a mic for a school show. No matter what the tester did, it didn't seem to pick anything up. We were standing in front of it arguing what was wrong, when the sound guy stuck his head out and told us he could hear our argument perfectly. It was a directional mic. The problem was solved by turning it round.
Re: Funny audio gaffs and mess-ups [message #84452 is a reply to message #84451] Mon, 30 January 2017 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
vhfspeeks wrote on Mon, 30 January 2017 02:25
I can remember when we were setting up a mic for a school show. No matter what the tester did, it didn't seem to pick anything up. We were standing in front of it arguing what was wrong, when the sound guy stuck his head out and told us he could hear our argument perfectly. It was a directional mic. The problem was solved by turning it round.

This one cracked me up. I have countless stories of several times in which I have struggled to fix really small issues but had to take hours to find a solution.
Re: Funny audio gaffs and mess-ups [message #84461 is a reply to message #84425] Tue, 31 January 2017 12:00 Go to previous message
Cortney is currently offline  Cortney
Viscount
I would love to say I have such anecdotes to share, but the truth is that I get very frustrated pretty fast, and so I end up giving up and letting someone else take over the work.
Previous Topic: Telephone Voice vs. In Person
Next Topic: Your car sound system
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:21:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout