Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Haynes Retro Radio?
Haynes Retro Radio? [message #84418] Fri, 27 January 2017 06:16 Go to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
I got this for christmas. After a quick look at the instructions which are not great, I'm not sure whether to bother building it or not. I do better with one diagram of what it should look like finished, and I'll work the rest out myself! Are these kits really any good, or should I save my time?
Re: Haynes Retro Radio? [message #84477 is a reply to message #84418] Fri, 03 February 2017 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hylo
Baron
Don't bother. The components are average and you'll have to buy tweezers and a battery yourself. If you can scratch-build a radio from components you can get a better result for lower prices. Still not sure what they were thinking with that plug-n-play board.
Re: Haynes Retro Radio? [message #85196 is a reply to message #84477] Thu, 11 May 2017 15:40 Go to previous message
Tadtone is currently offline  Tadtone
Baron
Hylo wrote on Fri, 03 February 2017 06:27
Still not sure what they were thinking with that plug-n-play board.
If this is the one I just got, they weren't. The components are not great quality and the cardboard box for its body is a clever idea but not hard-wearing. You pay cheap, you get cheap.
Previous Topic: Assembling your own
Next Topic: Are you like me?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:16:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout