Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Electric or Acoustic?
Electric or Acoustic? [message #84360] Thu, 19 January 2017 08:12 Go to next message
PianoGrrl is currently offline  PianoGrrl
Baron
This keeps being debated when we talk about playing instruments, but it is not just something that matters to musicians. If you listen to music, which do you prefer? Electric instruments or acoustic ones? Some genres are almost entirely one or the other, so does that affect it for you?
Re: Electric or Acoustic? [message #84372 is a reply to message #84360] Sun, 22 January 2017 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
PianoGrrl wrote on Thu, 19 January 2017 08:12
This keeps being debated when we talk about playing instruments, but it is not just something that matters to musicians. If you listen to music, which do you prefer? Electric instruments or acoustic ones? Some genres are almost entirely one or the other, so does that affect it for you?

If I had a choice, I'd go with acoustic music anytime. I am learning to play the acoustic guitar because I believe you get to hear the music better with acoustic instruments.
Re: Electric or Acoustic? [message #84375 is a reply to message #84372] Sun, 22 January 2017 08:30 Go to previous message
Tadtone is currently offline  Tadtone
Baron
Depends on what I listen to. Electronica or metal definitely electronic, 'cos its required. Jazz or piano pieces sound better on acoustic, and anything sounds better in a hall with great acoustics!
Previous Topic: Your Favorite Artist Switching Genres
Next Topic: Big Vinyl Re-release!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:56:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout