Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Artist with a distinctive voice
Artist with a distinctive voice [message #84270] Sun, 08 January 2017 08:44 Go to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
Which artist from the past or present do you think has the most distinctive singing voice that you've ever heard? For me, I think it's definitely Freddie Mercury. His voice is just irreplaceable in the singing world.
Re: Artist with a distinctive voice [message #84286 is a reply to message #84270] Wed, 11 January 2017 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PianoGrrl is currently offline  PianoGrrl
Baron
If you mean distinctive as in easily identified rather than trained or good, Leonard Cohen. His voice, particularly in old age, was unmistakable. I've heard it called a unique blend of gin and cigarettes.
Re: Artist with a distinctive voice [message #84291 is a reply to message #84270] Wed, 11 January 2017 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That would be John Hiatt. Hear him one time and you'll never mistake him for another artist. He makes it work for him though because, lyrically, he's just as unique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=286ZtWf2qaw
Re: Artist with a distinctive voice [message #84361 is a reply to message #84291] Thu, 19 January 2017 13:10 Go to previous message
Tadtone is currently offline  Tadtone
Baron
How about the lead singer of Fine Young Cannibals, who always sounded as if his trousers were a little too tight! He had a very distinctive voice, it's one of the few times Weird Al gave up on copying it and sung the chorus in his own range.
Previous Topic: Game of Thrones Series
Next Topic: Best songs for Monday mornings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:55:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout