Home » Audio » General » Theme Song for A Blog
Theme Song for A Blog [message #84216] Thu, 29 December 2016 21:08 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Can a person make a blog to where, when someone accesses the site a theme song plays? Enticing the viewer to register and log in so they can access more of it?
Re: Theme Song for A Blog [message #84229 is a reply to message #84216] Sat, 31 December 2016 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
I think that's a great idea, Azuri. Sometimes I think that it makes a page better when there is music playing; a lot better than the annoying ads that pop up. There is a way to do it through WordPress if that is what you are using. Would you be creating your own theme song to do this with?
Re: Theme Song for A Blog [message #84244 is a reply to message #84216] Mon, 02 January 2017 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cortney is currently offline  Cortney
Viscount
That sounds really interesting. Please tell me more about how to go about doing this. I would love to try it out on my blog.
Re: Theme Song for A Blog [message #84246 is a reply to message #84216] Wed, 04 January 2017 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
There are ways to do it, but rather than embed it directly you may want to use a player so that users can start or stop the sound. If someone browses to your blog at work, they might click away very quickly when the sound starts to avoid their boss catching them surfing!
Re: Theme Song for A Blog [message #84250 is a reply to message #84216] Wed, 04 January 2017 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
That's quite a smart observation there. I know a lot of people do browse through websites while at work, but that is something I wouldn't even have considered. It's a great idea to have the reader be able to turn if off if they desire.
Re: Theme Song for A Blog [message #84282 is a reply to message #84216] Mon, 09 January 2017 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gemmel is currently offline  Gemmel
Baron
Ever since I first read this thread, I have been trying to find out more about this, and apply it to my blog. I have to say I'm pretty excited about it, and I can't wait to see how the end result is.
Re: Theme Song for A Blog [message #84635 is a reply to message #84216] Sat, 25 February 2017 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
Yeah, the implications here are fairly endless. I have been to quite a few music related blogs where this idea would be perfect. Up and coming bands could actually pay the blog owner to play their tunes on start-up. The audio version of ad revenue?
Re: Theme Song for A Blog [message #84636 is a reply to message #84216] Sun, 26 February 2017 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
A theme song for a blog is a brilliant idea and as suggested above, it is better when this is not embedded. Not everyone loves music playing in the background so it is best when this choice is left to a blog/website visitor. I have several websites that I have never clicked on again since the music just couldn't stop playing.
Re: Theme Song for A Blog [message #84654 is a reply to message #84216] Thu, 02 March 2017 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lark is currently offline  Lark
Baron
First time I'm hearing of something like that, but it does sound like a great idea. I think it would work more for the younger audience, though.
Re: Theme Song for A Blog [message #91169 is a reply to message #84654] Fri, 15 November 2019 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
Lark wrote on Thu, 02 March 2017 14:20
First time I'm hearing of something like that, but it does sound like a great idea. I think it would work more for the younger audience, though.
Depends on the blog. Not everything on the internet is geared towards young people. For instance, someone over 55 has a blog about their vacation trips to various museums around the world and they like classical music. A little snippet of a well known classical piece, or something from 75 years ago to open up the blog would lead people to believe that it was written by and geared towards seniors.

People like to go where they feel comfortable. Where they are around people like them, both in real life and on the internet. Age appropriate music could go a long way in telling a first time visitor whether or not that site is for them.
Previous Topic: Safe to buy used/refurbished?
Next Topic: Vibration Control
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:44:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout