Home » Audio » Swap Meet » Vintage Sheet Music
Vintage Sheet Music [message #84211] Thu, 29 December 2016 07:20 Go to next message
Odie is currently offline  Odie
Chancellor
I realize this is not equipment, but I have tons of vintage sheet music from the WWII era. My whole family was musical. Grandmother played the piano, Grandfather, the tenor sax and mom, the violin. This Sheet music has now been passed down to me and I simply don't know what to do with it. Any suggestions?
Re: Vintage Sheet Music [message #84215 is a reply to message #84211] Thu, 29 December 2016 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think that's awesome. I'm sure you could sell it, but I would rather keep it if it were my grandparents.

Re: Vintage Sheet Music [message #84224 is a reply to message #84215] Sat, 31 December 2016 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Odie is currently offline  Odie
Chancellor
Thanks Wayne. I would love to keep it. However, we have recently downsized and I do mean downsized so I'm trying to get rid of as much stuff as possible. There just doesn't seem to be a market for old sheet music. I guess the right person hasn't come along yet.
Re: Vintage Sheet Music [message #89074 is a reply to message #84211] Mon, 29 October 2018 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pato is currently offline  Pato
Chancellor
I would suggest you keep it and maybe even pass it on to your kids one day. It is very precious and has deep sentimental value, and you might never come across such ever again if you sell it.
Re: Vintage Sheet Music [message #89179 is a reply to message #84211] Mon, 12 November 2018 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
What about you do both? You separate the most memorable sheet music and have it framed to remind you of your grandparents. You can then sell the others if you don't need them.
Re: Vintage Sheet Music [message #90599 is a reply to message #84211] Mon, 01 July 2019 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AcousticJack is currently offline  AcousticJack
Chancellor
Oh wow! Are you also a musician? If I were you, I would keep it as an antique. You never know when it might come in handy. Maybe one day you could pass it on to your own children Smile
Re: Vintage Sheet Music [message #90965 is a reply to message #84211] Sat, 28 September 2019 14:50 Go to previous message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
Things like that I keep as I would personal paperwork like birth certificates and such. You don't just get rid of family heirlooms like that. Are there other family members who can take them?

You can also get a safe deposit box at your bank and keep it there.
Previous Topic: Best place to sell my old vinyls
Next Topic: Items For Sale
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:53:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout