Home » Audio » General » Blue tooth
Blue tooth [message #84182] Sat, 24 December 2016 06:03 Go to next message
Kenzie is currently offline  Kenzie
Chancellor
This may be considered a stupid question for you all but I would like to know: is there a way to make my laptop blue tooth capable in order to stream music and pair it with my Bose speaker? The tablet works out just fine but I've been all over this laptop and can find nothing about blue tooth.
Re: Blue tooth [message #84184 is a reply to message #84182] Sun, 25 December 2016 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tadtone is currently offline  Tadtone
Baron
Does the laptop have bluetooth? Most do, but it isn't a given. If you check the model online you should be able to find out and get instructions. If it doesn't, you'll need to get a bluetooth USB dongle to connect.
Re: Blue tooth [message #84187 is a reply to message #84184] Mon, 26 December 2016 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenzie is currently offline  Kenzie
Chancellor
Thanks Tadtone. I hadn't thought about going online to see about the Bluetooth. Are the dongles expensive?
Re: Blue tooth [message #84254 is a reply to message #84182] Thu, 05 January 2017 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tadtone is currently offline  Tadtone
Baron
USB to Bluetooth dongles are normally under a tenner on Amazon. Remember you get what you pay for, so check the specs for how many devices it will support, whether there are range issues, and if it will work with your PC before you buy.
Re: Blue tooth [message #84256 is a reply to message #84184] Fri, 06 January 2017 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
Tadtone wrote on Sun, 25 December 2016 11:59
Does the laptop have bluetooth? Most do, but it isn't a given. If you check the model online you should be able to find out and get instructions. If it doesn't, you'll need to get a bluetooth USB dongle to connect.

I had no idea this was possible. My current laptop doesn't have bluetooth capability and I think it is time I got that dongle. It seems there's always a solution for anything out there.
Re: Blue tooth [message #84273 is a reply to message #84182] Sun, 08 January 2017 10:32 Go to previous message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
Pretty good advice here. My laptop has no Bluetooth functionality but I don't see why I would need it anyway. If I need to utilize external speakers, I use a HDMI cable.
Previous Topic: Setting up a practice room
Next Topic: Speakers and amps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:19:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout