Home » Audio » Movies & Music » What do you think about musicals?
What do you think about musicals? [message #84172] Fri, 23 December 2016 04:29 Go to next message
Gemmel is currently offline  Gemmel
Baron
I have a lot of friends who find musicals so boring and they refuse to sit through one with me, but I love them and I prefer them to most other types of movies. What's your take?
Re: What do you think about musicals? [message #84173 is a reply to message #84172] Fri, 23 December 2016 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
Some musicals are better than othes, and maybe you just need to expose your friends to some of the more exciting and fun ones you've seen. I didn't like them in the beginning but now I do after watching Chigago and Burlesque.
Re: What do you think about musicals? [message #84233 is a reply to message #84173] Sun, 01 January 2017 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenzie is currently offline  Kenzie
Chancellor
I love musicals. I remember going to see a few live in college when my friends were performing. That really got me hooked. Also, if you've ever seen one on Broadway, you'll be amazed at the quality of the performers.
Re: What do you think about musicals? [message #84263 is a reply to message #84233] Sat, 07 January 2017 10:42 Go to previous message
PianoGrrl is currently offline  PianoGrrl
Baron
I love musicals, especially when I can sit back and pick out how they have worked the themes through the soundtrack and into the songs. Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame was really good for this, but I've got DVDs from Bugsy Malone to Chicago and they all handle it differently.

In the theatre, musicals can be really amazing, depending on the direction. Cats wasn't as good as I'd expected, but Chicago in the theatre was amazing.
Previous Topic: Would you stay awake to finish a movie/series
Next Topic: Free webseries about music?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:00:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout