Home » Audio » General » How long do your headphones last?
How long do your headphones last? [message #84158] Thu, 22 December 2016 01:04 Go to next message
Tadtone is currently offline  Tadtone
Baron
A spin-off from this topic (How much do you spend on headphones?) there were a lot of people saying headphones don't last long, which is something I'd noticed as well. The longest I've had any last was a year. How long do they last for you? Do expensive ones make a difference?
Re: How long do your headphones last? [message #84159 is a reply to message #84158] Thu, 22 December 2016 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
Well, the longest I have ever had headphones was one year as well. On the flip side, I think it depends on how they are handled. They are quite delicate, remember?
Re: How long do your headphones last? [message #84168 is a reply to message #84158] Thu, 22 December 2016 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
For me, it depends on how and where you use your earphones. I mainly use them when I am in the car but not when outdoors. I have had my current earphones for three years now.
Re: How long do your headphones last? [message #84200 is a reply to message #84158] Tue, 27 December 2016 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PianoGrrl is currently offline  PianoGrrl
Baron
They don't. I mean I'm always listening to MP3s, so I can go through headphones in a few months. Accidents or just plain wear does for them so quickly. Maybe I should get a job as a tester!
Re: How long do your headphones last? [message #84206 is a reply to message #84200] Wed, 28 December 2016 14:32 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I use good phones and they last several years. Budget phones use budget connectors and wire not to mention the housings. Better phones (not the extremely costly ones) use much better parts and that translates into longer life. For me it is a clear case of you get what you pay for. YMMV Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Bose QuietComfort
Next Topic: Setting up a practice room
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:39:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers