Home » Audio » General » Audio Clubs
Audio Clubs [message #83850] Wed, 02 November 2016 12:51 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
You hear about book clubs all the time, but what about "listening clubs"? Get-together's where people bring their music to critique together. Are there any such meetings anywhere in the states?
Re: Audio Clubs [message #83863 is a reply to message #83850] Thu, 03 November 2016 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, There are many, but not nearly so many as years gone by. Look in places like events on forums and also in publications like Stereophile. The groups tend to be in or near large cities.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Audio Clubs [message #84004 is a reply to message #83850] Sat, 03 December 2016 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thaddeus is currently offline  Thaddeus
Baron
I've never heard of this type of club in my area. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun. What would make it even more interesting is if each person created their own type of music to bring to share once a month.
Re: Audio Clubs [message #84020 is a reply to message #83850] Mon, 05 December 2016 04:52 Go to previous message
Gemmel is currently offline  Gemmel
Baron
A group of my friends and I usually meet up and the dominating subject will be music and audio equipment. Now that I think about it, it's a sort of audio club, really. But it would be nice to be part of an official club like the one you described.
Previous Topic: Thanksgiving
Next Topic: TV Wi-Fi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:28:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout