Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The Purge and real life
The Purge and real life [message #83612] Fri, 30 September 2016 07:38 Go to next message
Herz is currently offline  Herz
Baron
Has anyone here ever considered the odds of our world becoming like that portrayed in The Purge movies? It's not as far out as an apocalyptic scenario but I, for one, think the odds are increasing.
Re: The Purge and real life [message #83616 is a reply to message #83612] Fri, 30 September 2016 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
I have only read reviews of the Purge series of movies. I heard some friends talk about the Purge: Election Year. What is normally portrayed in these movies?
Re: The Purge and real life [message #83621 is a reply to message #83612] Sat, 01 October 2016 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firerain is currently offline  firerain
Chancellor
I can see why you would have that opinion, Herz. Our world is indeed becoming or has become a scary place with so much corruption and violence to boot. I'm not sure how to feel about this.
Re: The Purge and real life [message #83647 is a reply to message #83612] Tue, 04 October 2016 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Herz is currently offline  Herz
Baron
lilbill, The Purge is a movie film series that is based on the plot that all crime is legal within a 12-hour frame, sort of like living in a semi-anarchist society. firerain, I share your observation.
Re: The Purge and real life [message #83793 is a reply to message #83612] Thu, 27 October 2016 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
I don't think that will ever happen in real life. There are just too many of us who appreciate life and would never end another life no matter what the cost.
Re: The Purge and real life [message #84125 is a reply to message #83612] Fri, 16 December 2016 02:51 Go to previous message
Tadtone is currently offline  Tadtone
Baron
The Star Trek episode it was based on was possibly more anti-authority than the Purge films. Kirk's solution was to tear down the government responsible entirely.

If people don't respect authority they won't follow it. I think we're closer to constant low-level anarchy than a controlled period of purge. After all most people won't kill just because you tell them they can.
Previous Topic: Humorous Lyrics
Next Topic: Favourite Christmas tunes?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:10:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout