Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Movie marathon
Movie marathon [message #83570] Thu, 22 September 2016 17:40 Go to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
I passed by the cinema today and there is an offer going on in which you can watch up to 5 movies non-stop. The most I can do is 2 movies at a go but I am surprized that there are people who don't mind spending the whole day there.
Re: Movie marathon [message #83599 is a reply to message #83570] Wed, 28 September 2016 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish there was a movie theater around me that would do this. It would be perfect for a cold, rainy day. What kind of movies do they play when they do this? Is it all from the same category?
Re: Movie marathon [message #83603 is a reply to message #83570] Wed, 28 September 2016 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
I have come across a similar scenario at the cinema nearest to my home. As much this does not happen often, the'movie festival' can be really ideal for a rainy day. Lizah, most times there is a mix of genres and the movies that are screened are the latest.

It beats logic to show a movie that was screened several months before because there will be a high chance that many people will have watched it.
Re: Movie marathon [message #83644 is a reply to message #83570] Mon, 03 October 2016 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
The cinema in our town also does that every once in a while, and it's proved to be quite popular with the young crowd. I guess they are the only ones with the time and energy to spend all those hours sitting and watching movies.
Re: Movie marathon [message #83655 is a reply to message #83644] Tue, 04 October 2016 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Odie is currently offline  Odie
Chancellor
I've never seen a theater do this in our area. However, when my kids were young, we used to do this during the summer. When it got too hot to go out and play we popped our popcorn and settled down with several movies. Those are good memories.
Re: Movie marathon [message #83729 is a reply to message #83644] Wed, 19 October 2016 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
chatzy02 wrote on Mon, 03 October 2016 16:26
The cinema in our town also does that every once in a while, and it's proved to be quite popular with the young crowd. I guess they are the only ones with the time and energy to spend all those hours sitting and watching movies.

This is true. I wouldn't mind such an offer but I guess most of us can never have all that time with nothing to do hence this would greatly appeal to the younger generation.
Re: Movie marathon [message #83770 is a reply to message #83570] Sun, 23 October 2016 08:44 Go to previous message
Cortney is currently offline  Cortney
Viscount
I'm sure I would find that extremely exciting and fun. We don't have that in my town, but I wish they would introduce it here, I know so many people would really enjoy it.
Previous Topic: Watching a movie alone
Next Topic: Which one do you watch more?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:34:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio