Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Watching a movie alone
Watching a movie alone [message #83559] Wed, 21 September 2016 05:36 Go to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
I hear people talk of some 'alone' time and I always wonder if this also applies to movies. I have never gone to the cinema alone and that thought seems so far-fetched for me.

I love to sit next to someone and share some popcorn. I had rather have some time to myself by driving out of town for a long distance.
Re: Watching a movie alone [message #83567 is a reply to message #83559] Thu, 22 September 2016 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
My friends always use the phrase 'the more the merrier' whenever we are all trying to reach out to each other for a movie premier. I have never been to the cinemas alone; it seems so boring going without anyone to share light moments with.
Re: Watching a movie alone [message #83576 is a reply to message #83567] Sat, 24 September 2016 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firerain is currently offline  firerain
Chancellor
Some people don't enjoy it while others do; I'm among the latter. It's simply because I'm sensitive to comments some tend to make during movies. I can't stand interruptions hence my preference.
Re: Watching a movie alone [message #83577 is a reply to message #83559] Sat, 24 September 2016 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Herz is currently offline  Herz
Baron
I'm a bit of both. I tend to watch movies with light themes with others and I don't mind exchanges during the screening. For movies that require more attention, I do tend to go it alone.
Re: Watching a movie alone [message #83657 is a reply to message #83559] Tue, 04 October 2016 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
I think it comes down to whether you want to concentrate on the movie or not. When you're with someone else, chances are that you will miss out on a significant portion of the movie due to conversation with the other person.
Re: Watching a movie alone [message #83738 is a reply to message #83559] Thu, 20 October 2016 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
I have never watched a movie alone as it seems there are always friends accompanying me. We always have this agreement that while in the cinema, there should be very little interruption because that is the only way a movie experience can make sense.
Re: Watching a movie alone [message #83745 is a reply to message #83559] Thu, 20 October 2016 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
decibel 12 is currently offline  decibel 12
Baron
The movies I like best are the one's with an intricate story line. Trying to follow that with people around making comments is not enjoyable to me. It would be like reading a book with people looking over my shoulder. I would rather be alone watching it in cases like this.
Re: Watching a movie alone [message #83749 is a reply to message #83745] Fri, 21 October 2016 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
decibel 12 wrote on Thu, 20 October 2016 14:55
The movies I like best are the one's with an intricate story line. Trying to follow that with people around making comments is not enjoyable to me. It would be like reading a book with people looking over my shoulder. I would rather be alone watching it in cases like this.

I completely agree with you decibel. There was this time I was watching a really interesting movie and there was a couple seated next to me. They kept criticizing the movie the whole time and I had to ask them to let the rest of us watch the movie.
Re: Watching a movie alone [message #83769 is a reply to message #83559] Sun, 23 October 2016 08:42 Go to previous message
Cortney is currently offline  Cortney
Viscount
I have a bit of 'social anxiety' and sometimes I feel better being on my own and doing stuff alone than I do when I do things with other people. I like that alone time at the movies and I do it every chance I get.
Previous Topic: Rapping
Next Topic: Movie marathon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:14:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout