Home » Audio » Measurement » What is a parallax error?
What is a parallax error? [message #83555] Wed, 21 September 2016 04:33 Go to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
Is there such a concept in audio measurement? Some friend of mine tried explaining this to me but I couldn't quite understand it. Has it anything to do with reading a measurement wrongly?
Re: What is a parallax error? [message #83761 is a reply to message #83555] Sat, 22 October 2016 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Herz is currently offline  Herz
Baron
I have come across this concept in photography but I've never heard of it in terms of music. But it makes sense that it applies here, as well. It has more to do with how music is captured rather than measured.
Re: What is a parallax error? [message #85375 is a reply to message #83555] Wed, 07 June 2017 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
As far as I know, this is an error that results from incorrect reading of measurement tools. A classic example is when you are reading the pointer at an angle to the scale. The pointer should actually be read immediately behind the pointer.
Re: What is a parallax error? [message #85707 is a reply to message #83555] Mon, 24 July 2017 16:41 Go to previous message
Caitlan is currently offline  Caitlan
Baron
At first, I wasn't sure what you were referring to, because I only know of parallax errors that happen with cameras. But this article explains parallax errors with audio.
Previous Topic: Sound distortion
Next Topic: Audio measurement tools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:27:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout