Home » Audio » General » Listening volume
Listening volume [message #83515] Tue, 06 September 2016 10:13 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
How can I, as a listener, determine the best listening volume? I understand that if you have some audio equipment and you are listening to some music at some levels, this could damage your hearing ability.
Re: Listening volume [message #83522 is a reply to message #83515] Tue, 06 September 2016 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I have never heard of a recommended listening volume but I love having most of my audio equipment at reasonable sound levels. Ever seen those people who love to have their volumes at unreasonably loud levels?
Re: Listening volume [message #83551 is a reply to message #83515] Tue, 20 September 2016 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dreamer13 is currently offline  dreamer13
Baron
I prefer to listen to music using an earphone or headset because I can hear all the sounds clearly. I pick the smallest possible volume so I can hear the basses or additional sounds properly. It doesn't need to be too loud if it's closer to your ears.
Re: Listening volume [message #83554 is a reply to message #83551] Wed, 21 September 2016 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
dreamer13 wrote on Tue, 20 September 2016 03:59
I prefer to listen to music using an earphone or headset because I can hear all the sounds clearly. I pick the smallest possible volume so I can hear the basses or additional sounds properly. It doesn't need to be too loud if it's closer to your ears.

I listen to music only through a headset and it is important to listen at the lowest volume so as not to damage the ears in the long run. I am awaiting a new pair of bluetooth headsets that I ordered online.
Re: Listening volume [message #83574 is a reply to message #83515] Sat, 24 September 2016 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
I don't know if there is an actual recommended sound level per se, I just normally listen to my music where ever I feel it is comfortable. I definitely listen to it at a different volume if I am wearing headphones, though because I have very sensitive ears.
Re: Listening volume [message #83588 is a reply to message #83574] Sun, 25 September 2016 21:18 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, While there are standards for occupational sound levels they really don't apply to typical music listening. For me it depends on what I'm doing. It will vary from quiet background level while computing or reading to a moderate level when doing serious listening. If it is so loud that you can't talk (not shout) over it then IMO it is too loud. Not enjoyable. I value my ears too much to subject them to that and if it is at someone else's place and they won't reduce the level, I leave.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Attending an audio show
Next Topic: Purchasing a Multi Player
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:41:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers