Home » Audio » Radio » Radio advertisements
Radio advertisements [message #83461] Fri, 02 September 2016 09:17 Go to next message
Leon is currently offline  Leon
Chancellor
Has anyone else noticed the longer advertisement spaces inserted into radio programs? I used to be able to enjoy some good songs during my drive home from work but, nowadays, it's more like I'm tuning in to advertisements.
Re: Radio advertisements [message #83478 is a reply to message #83461] Sun, 04 September 2016 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thaddeus is currently offline  Thaddeus
Baron
I've been noticing the same thing too. It seems like every channel I change it to nowadays I'm listening to commercials and not music. I'm starting to understand why people purchase Sirius Satellite or use their iPods for long drives.
Re: Radio advertisements [message #83502 is a reply to message #83478] Mon, 05 September 2016 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Yup, It is why I use Sirus/XM. The sound quality is in the MP3 range, but that is sufficient in the car. Their occasional station ID is usually innocuous. There is a special going on now for $99 for the first year. The added cost of a device if you don't have one is not too bad. I have a portable one and can use it in the house as well. Right now it is playing light jazz. Many new cars already have it as a choice on their info centers.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Radio advertisements [message #83572 is a reply to message #83461] Fri, 23 September 2016 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dreamer13 is currently offline  dreamer13
Baron
Good observation. While each advertisements don't get longer, there are more advertisements number inserted in between the songs. Like, two songs and five advertisements, or something like that. They even cut the songs for the ads before it's over! It's kind of annoying.
Re: Radio advertisements [message #83668 is a reply to message #83461] Wed, 05 October 2016 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Absolutely. Whatever happened to the good old days is anyone's wonder but I think advertisements have taken a huge chunk of radio schedules. Keeping up with the times, perhaps?
Re: Radio advertisements [message #84637 is a reply to message #83461] Sun, 26 February 2017 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flixe
Chancellor
Yes I've definitely noticed the increase of advertisements and their length as well. I do understand that the stations need to make revenue though. If there weren't so many or if the ads weren't minutes long I wouldn't mind, but they usually are not. Another annoyance of mine is how much the hosts chit-chat between songs about nothing as well. This is why I normally use internet radio where there are less ads and they can be skipped... Smile
Re: Radio advertisements [message #84638 is a reply to message #83461] Sun, 26 February 2017 15:01 Go to previous message
spindr is currently offline  spindr
Chancellor
What is even more frustrating is that all the stations play their ads at the same time.

As for talking between - while chit-chat can get in the way of enjoying the music, I DO miss how they used to say, "That was..." and give the title of the song and the artist after a song. Sometimes I just would like to know that information!
Previous Topic: Voice training/coaching
Next Topic: Old radio Shows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:06:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout