Home » Audio » Source » need some help
need some help [message #11867] Thu, 27 January 2005 18:35 Go to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin
Chancellor
i just bought this old sound design stereo console from a thrift shop and the everything works on it except the record player. It sounds like it wants to spin but it just can't. I opened up the back and there was no belt so i think its electric. i was just wondering if anyone had any advice on to how to fix it? Is it the motor? It says 'Sound Design Collectors Choice' inside model # Q91175. Here are some pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/jerkymcjerkface/0fda4299.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/jerkymcjerkface/d0aa1822.jpg

thanks,
kevin

Re: need some help [message #11869 is a reply to message #11867] Thu, 27 January 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I couldn't see the photos. Is your image hosting webspace public?

Re: need some help [message #11870 is a reply to message #11869] Fri, 28 January 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin
Chancellor
yea it should be public maybe this will work better...

Re: "A Bridge Too Far" [message #11871 is a reply to message #11870] Fri, 28 January 2005 03:23 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Great looking! Love that 70's Mediteranean Red Velvet!
You'll need to remove the turntable to get underneath. I'm pretty sure the platter is held by a circlip but you can try lifting up on it evenly on both sides and see if it comes out of the bearing well.Don't use too much force but keep upward for a while. Once out see if there is a small rubber wheel (idler wheel)turning the platter or a belt and if the motor is turning. It might be as simple as putting the belt back on the pulley. Or buying a replacement belt or idler wheel.
Parts

Previous Topic: digital to digital converter ?
Next Topic: The Answer is "Marvin the Martian Slippers"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 12:40:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout