Home » Audio » General » Attending an audio show
Attending an audio show [message #83459] Fri, 02 September 2016 07:38 Go to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
Has anyone ever attended an audio show before? I've seen that they have them sometimes in Toronto, but I've never heard of any coming to my area. Where can you go to find out if one of these shows are coming to your state?
Re: Attending an audio show [message #83512 is a reply to message #83459] Tue, 06 September 2016 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
What is an audio show all about? It sounds like an interesting concept to me and I would never hesitate to attend one such event if I found it appealing.
Re: Attending an audio show [message #83573 is a reply to message #83459] Sat, 24 September 2016 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
They usually have all different types of vendors at audio shows. I know there is one in California every year where you can check out new products before they are released. It sounds like a really great time if you don't mind traveling to get there.
Re: Attending an audio show [message #83575 is a reply to message #83573] Sat, 24 September 2016 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firerain is currently offline  firerain
Chancellor
Audio shows are great for checking out the newest on the market. I attended one early this year and was spoilt for choice. It's also a good way to get discounts.
Re: Attending an audio show [message #83584 is a reply to message #83575] Sun, 25 September 2016 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
Sounds like something an audio enthusiast like me will love to attend plus I am particularly always on the lookout for discounts. I will keep checking to see if there will be one taking place anytime soon.
Re: Attending an audio show [message #83587 is a reply to message #83584] Sun, 25 September 2016 21:11 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Yes several. Typically a collection of vendors and a wide variety of stuff. Some great, some good and some that should have stayed at home. Much hype but often some gems particularly in the learning sessions put on by really smart guys. The best commercial ones IMO are "The Show" in Newport California held about the beginning of May and the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF)held around the beginning of October. There are others in the US and throughout the world. For non-commercial and more diy the Lone Star Audio Fest (LSAF) is held in Dallas at the beginning of May. Great event I have exhibited there a few times and always enjoyed the other folks there. There is a thread on this forum covering it. Check it out.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Stax headphones
Next Topic: Listening volume
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:54:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers