Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Bagpipe amp
Bagpipe amp [message #83396] Sat, 27 August 2016 13:00 Go to next message
voyager1 is currently offline  voyager1
Chancellor
Just kidding! No amp needed! Usually people are telling me to pipe down - pun intended.

I was just curious to find out if there are any other pipers here?
Re: Bagpipe amp [message #83433 is a reply to message #83396] Wed, 31 August 2016 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
I love the sound of the bagpipes and I've always wanted to learn how to play. There is a school a few towns away that offers classes, but I feel a little intimidated. How long have you been playing?
Re: Bagpipe amp [message #83454 is a reply to message #83433] Fri, 02 September 2016 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
voyager1 is currently offline  voyager1
Chancellor
If we define "playing" very loosely, it's been about 25 years!

If you enjoy the sound, you should give it a try! I assure you, anyone from little children to adults to senior citizens can play, but everyone is intimidated at the beginning. Your teacher will take it in small steps and soon you'll big making some big noise!
Re: Bagpipe amp [message #85671 is a reply to message #83396] Sat, 22 July 2017 21:25 Go to previous message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Man, you certainly got my attention with the amp remark. I can't play the bagpipes myself, but I like listening to them. I'm from Scottish descent and my grandfather could play them. He used to play at the local Scottish festival each year. Fun times!

My father tried learning and hated it. I thought they were too complicated to learn, even though my wife insists I have the legs for a kilt.

Do you play with a group?
Previous Topic: Making CDs?
Next Topic: No Rental, Now What?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:11:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers