Home » xyzzy » Tower » Favorite browser
Favorite browser [message #83317] Sat, 06 August 2016 00:07 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
So far, I have sampled three browsers; Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Firefox is good except for frequent crash issues whereas I do not like edge's interface. What are your preferences and are there any other ones that you can recommend?
Re: Favorite browser [message #83326 is a reply to message #83317] Sun, 07 August 2016 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Between Opera and Chrome.......it's a toss-up. Firefox has been crashing a lot lately so I don't use it much anymore. Opera though has been good for me lately, so I use that one the most.
Re: Favorite browser [message #83332 is a reply to message #83317] Wed, 10 August 2016 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Is there a web version of Opera? I think I will try it out soon. Chrome is still my preferred choice because of its stability. Can you sync your data with the other browsers?
Re: Favorite browser [message #83333 is a reply to message #83317] Wed, 10 August 2016 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Is there a web version of Opera? I think I will try it out soon. Chrome is still my preferred choice because of its stability. Can you sync your data with the other browsers?
Re: Favorite browser [message #83343 is a reply to message #83333] Thu, 11 August 2016 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I am a long time user of Firefox (decades) and it has almost never crashed. I can't remember the last time. It is on all 4 of my PCs. One problem might be the add ons and plug ins you use. There were problems with Adobe Flash a few months back. It was Adobe's issue not Firefox. Be sure you are using the latest versions of everything as well.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Favorite browser [message #83556 is a reply to message #83343] Wed, 21 September 2016 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
gofar99 wrote on Thu, 11 August 2016 18:19
I am a long time user of Firefox (decades) and it has almost never crashed. I can't remember the last time. It is on all 4 of my PCs. One problem might be the add ons and plug ins you use. There were problems with Adobe Flash a few months back. It was Adobe's issue not Firefox. Be sure you are using the latest versions of everything as well.

Personally, I had no idea that this had anything to do with Adobe; everybody seemed to be heaping the blame on Firefox. I will try going back to this browser then see how everything goes.
Re: Favorite browser [message #83727 is a reply to message #83556] Tue, 18 October 2016 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I like Opera the best with FF coming in at a close second. Chrome is just too "busy" for my taste. I like my system simple and streamlined and Opera is perfect for me in that regard.
Re: Favorite browser [message #83748 is a reply to message #83317] Fri, 21 October 2016 02:19 Go to previous message
Master
I finally settled on Google Chrome and it's been a smooth sail so far. I have not had any luck with downloading Opera but it if I succeed, it will have to be my second best option.
Previous Topic: What's your biggest collection?
Next Topic: Linux OS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:46:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout