Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Checking how the acoustics in a room are
Checking how the acoustics in a room are [message #83134] Fri, 29 July 2016 14:45 Go to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
My friend told me that you can check this by clapping your hands as loud as possible from every spot then go on to listen to the reverberations that follow. You will get either a pleasant reverb or a harsh metallic ringing sound although the sound most likely to be heard will be somewhere in-between.

Ideally there will be a change in this sound if acoustic treatment performed eventually getting rid of the nasty ringing.
Re: Checking how the acoustics in a room are [message #83152 is a reply to message #83134] Sun, 31 July 2016 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
So if you get rid of one end of the specrum, how will that effect the sound that used to fall in the middle? Or will it?
Re: Checking how the acoustics in a room are [message #83596 is a reply to message #83134] Wed, 28 September 2016 04:34 Go to previous message
dreamer13 is currently offline  dreamer13
Baron
Which spots are exactly recommended to try this simple method? I assume corners would be ideal to see how the sound disperse across the room, although that would depend on the size of the room as well.
Previous Topic: How to ensure there's symmetry in speaker placement.
Next Topic: Bathroom acoustic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:41:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout