Home » xyzzy » Tower » Phones with good audio specs
Phones with good audio specs [message #83078] Mon, 25 July 2016 05:27 Go to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
My father is looking for a new phone, and given that he also loves music, he asks me for recommendations on phones with best music specs. Price doesn't really matter, although we can't really afford if it's too expensive. What do you say?
Re: Phones with good audio specs [message #83204 is a reply to message #83078] Wed, 03 August 2016 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
I think they're all about the same in this regard. Manufacturers tend to focus on the size of the phone, the speed by which you can do things on it and the video capabilities. They don't focus on the audio aspect because most consumers don't.
Re: Phones with good audio specs [message #83274 is a reply to message #83078] Fri, 05 August 2016 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Most manufacturers are tending to concentrate more on the screen size, memory and storage space. Most phones can play music well, especially when you have great earphones.
Re: Phones with good audio specs [message #83651 is a reply to message #83078] Tue, 04 October 2016 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
Years ago I had a Nokia phone which was marketed as "music phone". The music player was uniquely designed with features I hadn't seen before. Looks like such phones no longer exist. I will get a cheap phone and buy an iPod or another player.
Re: Phones with good audio specs [message #83705 is a reply to message #83078] Fri, 07 October 2016 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
I often prefer not to look at a phone as a device where I can play music, but rather a place where I can store it. I do hope you were able to get your dad a nice phone.
Re: Phones with good audio specs [message #83711 is a reply to message #83705] Fri, 07 October 2016 20:54 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
The new HTC10 is supposed to have really high quality sound. It has dedicated components for that. Lots of positive comments by reviewers. Also supposed to be one of the better smart phones. Alas not cheap.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: iPhone or Samsung?
Next Topic: What's your biggest collection?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:13:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio