Home » Audio » General » The TV volume level
The TV volume level [message #83071] Thu, 21 July 2016 12:30 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
My TV has started having sound problems lately. My nephews came visiting over the weekend and that is when it started having problems with the volume. Can listening to the TV at high volumes be the cause? They were unable to correctly connect the home theater and so the only option was to use the TV volume.
Re: The TV volume level [message #83104 is a reply to message #83071] Wed, 27 July 2016 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
I had an older TV like this. The only way to hear it good enough was to put the volume level at 54. I don't know if it has anything to do with constantly listening to it at this level, but there might be a speaker that is blown. For my TV I bought a sound bar. Have you tried hooking one of these up instead?
Re: The TV volume level [message #83108 is a reply to message #83071] Wed, 27 July 2016 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Can you hook up a sound bar to any make/model/year of T.V.? I never thought of using one for this purpose, but then I never had a sound issue with a T.V. before.

Good idea.
Re: The TV volume level [message #83119 is a reply to message #83108] Thu, 28 July 2016 14:51 Go to previous message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
I always ask myself what the use of a flat-panel TV is if it cannot produce good sound? Sound bars have increased in popularity because of this. Unfortunately, there are many brands in the market that are of poor quality.
Previous Topic: New Vinyl Collections
Next Topic: What do you look at when buying a TV?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:49:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio