Home » Audio » Home Theater » Buying your first home theater system
Buying your first home theater system [message #83037] Sun, 17 July 2016 10:26 Go to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
When I moved out of my parents' home, I was eager to get myself two things; a TV and home theater system. I got both at around the same time and boy, it wasn't easy setting up the home theater.

What I have learned from my first mistakes is that you should not mount your TV at 8 or more feet above the floor. You may end up getting a stiff neck. Most importantly, if your living room is big, do not go for those small satellite speakers since as the room gets bigger and the distance from these speakers increases, they will tend to become less impressive.

I had to sell my very first home theater system so that I could go for one that suited my living room's size.
Re: Buying your first home theater system [message #83098 is a reply to message #83037] Tue, 26 July 2016 08:28 Go to previous message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I agree with you, especially when it comes to choosing a system suited to the size of the living room. A lot of people do not get it right the first time.
Previous Topic: Leaving the TV sound off
Next Topic: HDMI troubleshooting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:39:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout