Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built
Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built [message #82996] Thu, 14 July 2016 10:20 Go to next message
nik72 is currently offline  nik72
Chancellor
Dear friends I am interested to built a pair of Pi speakers and I will post some pictures of my living room in order to visualize the space and the choose the correct type .
Some info about me first ...
I am the type of audiophile who doesn't change his system as far It plays ok this had lead me to own equipment (same amp and speakers) about 20 years.Now I believe its time to change my speakers.Reading almost 30 pages of pi speaker forum and I plan to read all I am considering pi two model or tower or three but it is expensive for me this period of time .Model two reviews from builders are convincing (one of them compared with audio notes anj and that was enough for me to choose)and I think I will procced with model two because of the easy construction and why I am used all these years listening from tweeters and I believe is a safe bet.
Below is an hard scetch of my living room.Sory for the Greek language and metric, I have attached some pictures also to help you somehow.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1918&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1919&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1920&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1921&private=0

I believe pi model 2 is suited best but read that pi 2 tower might be a candidate but I am afraid of the extra lower bass dominate my small space.

My audio equipment is an audion sterling el34 se amp about 10 watts 20 years old,my speakers are Proac tablette 50's also 20 years old, my dac is musical fidelity v90 and my digital transport a humble raspberry pi.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2012/06/audion-el34-sterling-anniversary-hard-wired-power-amplifier/
https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/05/23/review-raspberry-pi-2-as-music-streamer/
http://www.stereophile.com/content/musical-fidelity-v90-dac-da-processor
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/proac-anniversary-tablette/
Some reviews are for the newest models so mine are a notch or two down on apreciation.

So I am intrigued from Π speakers and looking for the apropriate guidance.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English it is not my native language .
I am willing to answer what ever question you provide .
My music tastes are blues , some jazz ,greek folk music classic rock and what ever is interesting.
  • Attachment: ΗΟΜΕ.jpg
    (Size: 67.02KB, Downloaded 6453 times)
  • Attachment: DSC_0009.jpg
    (Size: 71.39KB, Downloaded 6450 times)
  • Attachment: DSC_0012.jpg
    (Size: 63.36KB, Downloaded 6394 times)
  • Attachment: DSC_0014.jpg
    (Size: 103.26KB, Downloaded 6468 times)
Re: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built [message #82997 is a reply to message #82996] Thu, 14 July 2016 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
I forgot to mention that I asked Wayne for pi 2 plans some time ago but when started exploring the forum I found that maybe pi 2 tower or pi three (out of my reach for now) will work also.
Re: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built [message #83000 is a reply to message #82997] Thu, 14 July 2016 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Also as you can see the room boundaries are restricted there is not enough space from back walls the most is about 10 to 15 inches. And a little more from side walls.
There are any pictures or stuff hanging on the walls because we repaint the house and my wife hasn't decide yet what to useful lol!!!
Re: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built [message #83002 is a reply to message #83000] Thu, 14 July 2016 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think two π towers would sound great in your room. But three π or four π mains with flanking subs would sound even better!

Re: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built [message #83003 is a reply to message #83002] Thu, 14 July 2016 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Thanks Wayne for the input.I will try first with the two model because of financial shortage. I will follow your advice for building towers if you can send me the plans .
I've read somewhere about a replacement tweeter sb something is it worth it or the vifa is better (I assume vifa is better) also are there any crossover parts which can be upgraded and elevate the performance?
Re: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built [message #83006 is a reply to message #83003] Thu, 14 July 2016 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

There are no upgrades available for the one π, two π or two π towers.

Re: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built [message #83015 is a reply to message #83006] Fri, 15 July 2016 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Thank you Wayne once more .One question probably silly ...
The dimensions on the plans are outside dimensions including the wood panel thickness right?
Re: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built [message #83018 is a reply to message #83015] Fri, 15 July 2016 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, that's right.

Re: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built [message #83064 is a reply to message #83018] Thu, 21 July 2016 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Looking for tweeters and woofers in my country (I wish there were no customs and postage costs to buy them direct from pi speakers)
I can found VIFA DX25TG05-04 instead of DX25TG59-04 ,is it the same driver but new old stock or they are different maybe newer model upgraded ?
I assume is a change of coding since Vifa became Tymphany but I am asking to be sure.
Re: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built [message #83065 is a reply to message #83064] Thu, 21 July 2016 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You can use that tweeter. It is the part we originally used but has since been discontinued.

Previous Topic: 4 Pi and 3 pi subwoofer
Next Topic: 4 pi speaker plans please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:18:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout