Home » Audio » General » Distorted laptop audio
Distorted laptop audio [message #82922] Sun, 26 June 2016 09:33 Go to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I gave out my laptop to a friend and he's returned it with a poor sound quality. He said he noticed the problem after connecting it to a speaker and within an hour of playing music, the sound was distorted.

What might have happened in this instance and how can troubleshoot it?
Re: Distorted laptop audio [message #83322 is a reply to message #82922] Sat, 06 August 2016 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
The first thing I thought of was the volume that he used. Speakers in general will do this when the volume is at max capacity over long periods of time.
Re: Distorted laptop audio [message #83696 is a reply to message #82922] Thu, 06 October 2016 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
I had the same problem with my laptop a few months ago. The speakers were making a scratchy sound when I turned the volume past 50%. It went away after I updated the sound card driver. I don't know if this will help you.
Re: Distorted laptop audio [message #83698 is a reply to message #82922] Fri, 07 October 2016 04:42 Go to previous message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I agree that updating the sound card driver may help. As a short time measure, you can reduce the volume level which sort of mutes the troublesome speaker. I do not know how to exactly describe this but it normally involves clicking on the speaker icon then clicking on the 'sound' option.
Previous Topic: Advice for newbie gamer?
Next Topic: Track Titles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:14:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout