Home » Audio » General » Road Music
Road Music [message #82898] Sat, 25 June 2016 14:54 Go to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
I just put a new Pioneer system in my car, and the difference in sound between that and my home stereo is very noticeable. Do you switch up the types of music you listen to in your car versus your home system because of the difference in sound quality between the 2 systems?
Re: Road Music [message #83115 is a reply to message #82898] Thu, 28 July 2016 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Not consciously. Although in the back of mind I sometimes tell myself not to play certain CD's on the home system because it doesn't sound as good as when it plays in the car.
Re: Road Music [message #83164 is a reply to message #82898] Mon, 01 August 2016 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
There are certain CDs I will not play in my home system, albeit subconsciously. The quality of sound is definitely better in the car. What sound system do you use at home?
Re: Road Music [message #83413 is a reply to message #82898] Mon, 29 August 2016 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thaddeus is currently offline  Thaddeus
Baron
I have a Bose sound system in my car, so I definitely notice a difference in sound quality. There are times when I'm not even thinking about it and I put in a CD at home and I have to take it back out because it just doesn't sound right to me. I think it might be time to upgrade my sound system at home.
Re: Road Music [message #83414 is a reply to message #82898] Mon, 29 August 2016 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
I have always thought to myself that at times the reason a certain CD will sound better in the car is because we have taught our minds to believe this. Nonetheless, I think the car offers flexibility in terms of installation of a quality sound system.
Re: Road Music [message #83636 is a reply to message #83414] Mon, 03 October 2016 05:35 Go to previous message
Odie is currently offline  Odie
Chancellor
I keep certain CDs in the car that do not come in the house. Actually, at this time, the home system is better than the one in my car. It's on my list to get this fixed soon.
Previous Topic: Audio equipment insurance
Next Topic: Music production
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:08:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout