Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Led Zeppelin's lawsuit
Led Zeppelin's lawsuit [message #82886] Fri, 24 June 2016 11:14 Go to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
I heard on the radio the other day that Led Zeppelin may have stolen the lyrics to a song by the band Spirit. I saw today that they have won that copyright lawsuit. Has anyone even heard of the band Spirit and know which song they are talking about? I'm curious to see how similar they actually are.
Re: Led Zeppelin's lawsuit [message #82887 is a reply to message #82886] Fri, 24 June 2016 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
I have heard that song before.

There is a part that is remarkably similar sounding to the acoustic guitar intro to stairway to heaven.

I believe the name of the song is "Taurus".
Re: Led Zeppelin's lawsuit [message #82905 is a reply to message #82886] Sun, 26 June 2016 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
Given the length of the song, I can see how it was hard to prove plagiarism. It is Zeppelin though, it is well known in music circles that they took bits and pieces from other artists all the time.
Re: Led Zeppelin's lawsuit [message #82944 is a reply to message #82886] Mon, 27 June 2016 04:03 Go to previous message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Issues to do with copyright law and plagiarism have gathered storm especially in the last decade. What happened to originality? Did you also hear about the successful lawsuit that was lodged against the song 'Happy?'
Previous Topic: Best movie soundtrack
Next Topic: Do you still buy DVD's?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:53:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout