Home » Audio » Source » Bad connection in arm of Dual 601 Turntable
Bad connection in arm of Dual 601 Turntable [message #11737] Thu, 18 November 2004 03:53 Go to next message
Harry van Iersel is currently offline  Harry van Iersel
Esquire
Dual 601 with Digitac 300 SE cartridge (equivalent to Dual M20E). One channel gives a poor output; I cleaned the contacts inside the tone arm; it helps for a day or so and then the channel is out or poor again.
I would like to solder the connection but that's not simple.
Any suggestions? Harry

Re: Bad connection in arm of Dual 601 Turntable [message #11738 is a reply to message #11737] Fri, 19 November 2004 00:50 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Harry,

Sounds to me like you've identified the problem, so 1/2 of the deal is done. At least you know the cause is a bad connection. Now the matter is what to do to solve it.

Where is the connection that you've cleaned? What's to stop you from simply re-wiring? I think I'd be most comfortable with that solution. Just in case the problem was caused by an open inside a wire, probably as it enters a crimp connection. You could be moving that when you clean it, making it work for a little while. If you can re-wire, that will replace both the connector and the wire.

Wayne

Previous Topic: BIX
Next Topic: Boston Acoustics Cartridge - replacement stylus??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 02:17:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio