Home » Audio » General » A listening chair
A listening chair [message #82820] Sun, 12 June 2016 03:15 Go to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
At first when I heard about a listening chair, I was flabbergasted.
Over time though, I have been thinking of getting one for myself. I am 6' 2'' and in your view, what chair dimensions should I look for? I have also heard people talking of the ideal listening height. Is this the height where you get the best sound quality?
Re: A listening chair [message #82821 is a reply to message #82820] Mon, 13 June 2016 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
It's the height where you get the best sound quality for YOU. You're 74 inches high. Someone who is 54 inches high will have a slightly different height for their speakers by which THEY will get the best quality.
Re: A listening chair [message #82822 is a reply to message #82820] Mon, 13 June 2016 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
That's true. The height of a person helps determine the position of speakers for an optimal listening experience. When you think of sound "quality" though, you think of what the speakers, receivers, etc....produce. Not so much how you hear what they produce.

What IS that called?
Re: A listening chair [message #82827 is a reply to message #82822] Mon, 13 June 2016 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
Concorde wrote on Mon, 13 June 2016 05:20
That's true. The height of a person helps determine the position of speakers for an optimal listening experience. When you think of sound "quality" though, you think of what the speakers, receivers, etc....produce. Not so much how you hear what they produce.

What IS that called?

I am not so much musical so I cannot quickly think of a word for that. Sound quality is very important. I had not heard of the listening chair as well and here's something I have to get for myself before I hit 40!
Re: A listening chair [message #82831 is a reply to message #82821] Thu, 16 June 2016 01:10 Go to previous message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Silver wrote on Mon, 13 June 2016 05:15
It's the height where you get the best sound quality for YOU. You're 74 inches high. Someone who is 54 inches high will have a slightly different height for their speakers by which THEY will get the best quality.

Thank you. Indeed, everyday is a learning experience. Which is the best place to get a listening chair? Over time, I have realized that it is better to get a referral when wanting to purchase something.
Previous Topic: Lifeless music performance
Next Topic: The hardest chords in a guitar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:03:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout