Home » Audio » General » Headphones shorting out in the same place
Headphones shorting out in the same place [message #82811] Fri, 10 June 2016 08:22 Go to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
My daughter keeps going through headphones like crazy. She has them for about a month and then they start shorting out. It always seems to be in the same place, right at the end by the jack. Is there anyway to stop this from happening? I'm beginning to think that I need to buy out the headphone department the next time I go to the store!
Re: Headphones shorting out in the same place [message #82812 is a reply to message #82811] Fri, 10 June 2016 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Tell your daughter to be gentle with the cords. Insert and remove the headphone cord by pulling on the boot, not the cord. Never yank the cord or use it to support weight. Maybe let your daughter know if she can't be careful, then you won't get her any more headphones.

Re: Headphones shorting out in the same place [message #82835 is a reply to message #82811] Thu, 16 June 2016 01:34 Go to previous message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
Anyone has to be careful with headphones because they are as fragile as can be. I used to think it was the quality that was the problem but over time, I began to realize that headphones need to be handled correctly. Keep them where they cannot be sat on and ensure not to leave the chord hanging.
Previous Topic: The hardest chords in a guitar
Next Topic: Bluetooth speaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:41:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout