Home » Audio » General » The Streaming Era
The Streaming Era [message #82757] Tue, 31 May 2016 10:47 Go to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Did you grow up in this era? An era in which streaming specific songs is your method of choice for getting music? If so, are you also one of those people who have tried out CD and Vinyl listening, and don't want to go back to the streaming? Some people have done this because they can really tell the difference in the quality of music in both, or all 3, formats.
Re: The Streaming Era [message #82769 is a reply to message #82757] Wed, 01 June 2016 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
I stated out in the cassette and CD listening era. Streaming came along for me when I was in my early twenties and has since grew enormously. I would say that I still love listening to my CDs when I can, but I've transferred most of them to my iPod and now I don't have to worry about them skipping from overuse.
Re: The Streaming Era [message #82794 is a reply to message #82769] Tue, 07 June 2016 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
That is the one good thing about streamed music......no skipping.

I'm one of those dinosaurs who still remember playing 8-track tapes. But I'm a CD man now, I love them.
Re: The Streaming Era [message #82818 is a reply to message #82794] Sun, 12 June 2016 02:59 Go to previous message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
I grew up in the cassette era, then came along the CD and DVD era. I enjoy streamed music and it just hit me I have no music CD at all. Changing times, perhaps?
Previous Topic: Your Guilty Pleasure
Next Topic: Lifeless music performance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:11:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout