Home » Audio » General » Earphones for running
Earphones for running [message #82643] Wed, 18 May 2016 14:39 Go to next message
BeccaH
Chancellor
I took up running recently and one of the first things I discovered is that I simply can't do it without music to keep me going. But I've tried a bunch of different earphones and none of them stay in my ears! The up and down motion jiggles them and within seconds they fall out, unless I constantly poke them further into my ear. I'm virtually running around with my fingers in my ears, looking crazy - has anyone got any recommendations?
Re: Earphones for running [message #82730 is a reply to message #82643] Thu, 26 May 2016 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
Have you tried using the ones that hook around your ears? They work really well for me if you can stand things attached to your ears. They even sell wireless ones now so you don't get all tangled up in the cord.
Re: Earphones for running [message #82739 is a reply to message #82730] Thu, 26 May 2016 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I have been running for over 20 years now and would never consider using ear phones while doing it. I don't believe it is a good survival concept. I personally would like to keep going for a long time and having your hearing compromised while running (ie can't hear outside sounds well) is IMO a very bad thing. Some phones are worse than others, but all diminish your awareness of what is going on around you. I have seen too many close calls to even consider it. YMMV

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Earphones for running [message #82858 is a reply to message #82643] Sun, 19 June 2016 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
You bring out a really important point. I have always had a problem with earphones not sticking to my ears. How would a wireless option look like? It appears to be the the best way out.

I prefer to have my earphones on while running in a place where there is little or no activity at all. They have the disadvantage of making you unaware of everything going around in the surrounding.
Re: Earphones for running [message #82873 is a reply to message #82643] Wed, 22 June 2016 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dreamer13 is currently offline  dreamer13
Baron
I agree about going wireless. I've used both types while running and obviously the wireless headphone wins. I feel that this type of earphone fits in my ear better in various activities compared to other type, though.
Re: Earphones for running [message #82986 is a reply to message #82873] Tue, 12 July 2016 23:00 Go to previous message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
dreamer13 wrote on Wed, 22 June 2016 02:35
I agree about going wireless. I've used both types while running and obviously the wireless headphone wins. I feel that this type of earphone fits in my ear better in various activities compared to other type, though.

How is the sound quality of this earphone compared to the others especially in terms of stereo and bass? I came across some good wireless ones going for around $25.
Previous Topic: Independence day
Next Topic: RCA line level crossover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:12:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout