Home » Audio » Speaker » Wireless speakers vs wired
Wireless speakers vs wired [message #82611] Wed, 11 May 2016 13:44 Go to next message
BeccaH
Chancellor
As a non-technical person, could anyone advise me on the benefits of wireless speakers over wired ones? I assume they are more expensive, so other than the obvious fact that it looks tidier not having wires trailing around, is there anything else that justifies paying more?
Re: Wireless speakers vs wired [message #82625 is a reply to message #82611] Sun, 15 May 2016 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
You can place them wherever you want within reason. Aside from looking tidier, you can fine tune the placement with the acoustics of the room for a fuller sound much easier.
Re: Wireless speakers vs wired [message #82626 is a reply to message #82611] Sun, 15 May 2016 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BeccaH
Chancellor
Thank you Miami. I'm going to ask what might be a pretty dumb question now...is the sound quality the same either way? In my head, having a wire connect the speaker to the source implies that nothing can interfere with the sound as it travels. I guess I'm wondering whether wireless speakers can suffer from 'interference'?
Re: Wireless speakers vs wired [message #83085 is a reply to message #82626] Mon, 25 July 2016 22:59 Go to previous message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
BeccaH wrote on Sun, 15 May 2016 11:49
Thank you Miami. I'm going to ask what might be a pretty dumb question now...is the sound quality the same either way? In my head, having a wire connect the speaker to the source implies that nothing can interfere with the sound as it travels. I guess I'm wondering whether wireless speakers can suffer from 'interference'?

I don't think there will be much difference with sound quality. The only problem I would have with wireless speakers is the maximum distance they have to be placed at (what people like to call reasonable distance).
Previous Topic: Sound synchronizing
Next Topic: Midbass slam
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:23:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout