Home » Audio » General » Walkman
Walkman [message #82506] Tue, 26 April 2016 03:46 Go to next message
dreamer13 is currently offline  dreamer13
Baron
I was cleaning my room when I found my old Walkman. It's been forever since I last used it so granted it's already broken (not that I have any tapes left to confirm it). I'm feeling so nostalgic, remembering the days when I brought Walkman everywhere so I could enjoy music every time. Do you still have a working Walkman? Did you keep a broken one, just to remember the old times?

P.S. I'm going to keep this Walkman forever.
Re: Walkman [message #82508 is a reply to message #82506] Tue, 26 April 2016 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Sometimes I want to buy one and a few cassettes just to relive the old days. Get some 70's era jogging shoes, shorts and sweatbands, go jogging with it all and really turn some heads.
Re: Walkman [message #82511 is a reply to message #82508] Tue, 26 April 2016 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I still have a working one. I also have probably a 100 tapes. I use them in a vintage Nakamichi cassette deck. Most are pretty good. Not quite up to the level of vinyl or CDs but still worth listening. For portable listening now I use a Sony digital player. It is about 3 inches by 1.5 by 0.3 and will hold about 800 MP3s (less of other formats) and will actually do video as well. On a single recharge it will run for about 30 hours of music. It is a long way from the cassette player it replaced.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Walkman [message #82582 is a reply to message #82506] Wed, 04 May 2016 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
I don't have a Walkman anymore, but I do still have some mixed tapes that my friends made me. I found them a few weeks ago when I was cleaning the attic and I listened to some of them on my cassette player that I got when I was training for my medical transcription job.
Re: Walkman [message #82584 is a reply to message #82506] Thu, 05 May 2016 05:33 Go to previous message
BeccaH
Chancellor
I never had a Walkman, but I did have a Sony Minidisc (MiniDisc? Mini Disc?) player. I remember spending absolutely AGES recording tracks onto those big square plastic mini discs, then having to carry them all round in a huge carry case. How times change! Surprised
Previous Topic: Are expensive headphones better?
Next Topic: A little At A Time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:30:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout