Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Choosing piano type and size
Choosing piano type and size [message #82455] Sat, 23 April 2016 21:12 Go to next message
minora is currently offline  minora
Baron
My family is considering upgrading our keyboard to a full-length piano. It is our dream to own a grand piano. We have asked around and we have three choices so far: upright piano, baby grand piano, and full-length digital piano (Yamaha's Clavinova). Other than durability, personally I think digital piano is the best choice because when you have the option to play with music when you feel bored playing piano only. My younger siblings may like to experiment with lots of music too.

I appreciate any input or recommendations. Thanks in advance!
Re: Choosing piano type and size [message #83614 is a reply to message #82455] Fri, 30 September 2016 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keluv is currently offline  Keluv
Chancellor
I see you've considered a lot about who and what to use the instrument for, so the last question is the budget. As far as I know, baby grand piano is the most expensive one from your list. I prefer Clavinova because it has more style variation if I ever get bored playing classical piano.
Re: Choosing piano type and size [message #84766 is a reply to message #82455] Sun, 12 March 2017 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
I agree with you totally but apart from the digital option, my dream has always been to actually own a grand piano. Music lovers will tell you how addictive such a piano can be. What's your budget, if I may ask?
Re: Choosing piano type and size [message #85442 is a reply to message #82455] Mon, 19 June 2017 13:46 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I would go with the baby grand piano if it's within your budget. My family has used the same for years. It's very durable and has worked for two generations, thus far, just needs tuning every now and then. It doesn't take up much room and has good re-sale value. You can keep boredom at bay by trying more complicated music, playing duets, or composing your own music.
Previous Topic: Tuning the guitar
Next Topic: Making CDs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:04:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout