Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Upcoming concert question
Upcoming concert question [message #82428] Thu, 21 April 2016 11:39 Go to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
My daughter wants to go to a concert this June where there are two bands headlining and then one guest star performing. I'm wondering if anyone knows how long the headliners will play because she really only wants to see the one band. Will it even be worth spending the money on these tickets? They are pretty expensive.
Re: Upcoming concert question [message #82436 is a reply to message #82428] Fri, 22 April 2016 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
I'd go for the whole concert. Sometimes the headliners (openers) put on a great show. They are usually upcoming artists and want people to buy their music. All of the concerts that I have been to, the openers usually play for 30-45 minutes.
Re: Upcoming concert question [message #82450 is a reply to message #82428] Sat, 23 April 2016 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
It seems like 30 to 45 minutes has been the standard for a long time now for opening acts. Your daughter may just want to see the headliner, but there's nothing wrong with seeing other bands as well. She doesn't know if she'll like them or not until she hears them.
Re: Upcoming concert question [message #82489 is a reply to message #82428] Mon, 25 April 2016 08:24 Go to previous message
minora is currently offline  minora
Baron
If the ticket is expensive, all the more reason to attend from the beginning so you won't waste anything. Like LoveJB said, sometimes opening performers are not bad. I picked up some good songs from bands/singers who performed at the opening. Two bands and one guest star may not take up too much time, so it's probably around 30 minutes (up to 60 minutes).
Previous Topic: Memorial album for icons lost
Next Topic: Meeting the band
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:08:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout