Home » Audio » General » Music streaming applications
Music streaming applications [message #82409] Tue, 19 April 2016 03:36 Go to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
Lately I've seen advertisements of various music streaming applications for mobile phones. The lines even include "great music experience". I read more about the features offered and they don't sound much different from what we already have at our phones. If any of you are using such applications, let me know how it goes. Does it really improve our music experience compared to the usual music app or just streaming via YouTube?
Re: Music streaming applications [message #82410 is a reply to message #82409] Tue, 19 April 2016 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Really? A phone for quality audio?

I mean, OK. I suppose with headphones, a phone can be perhaps a decent device. But I'm skeptical. They're fundamentally designed for vocal range.

I think I'll stick with purpose-designed high fidelity equipment for anything other than background sound.

Re: Music streaming applications [message #82412 is a reply to message #82409] Tue, 19 April 2016 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
I hate using my phone for listening to music. It sounds horrible and I have a new phone. I don't really like any of the apps either. I do use Pandora but I'm not crazy about it. I usually listen to music on my computer over my phone.
Re: Music streaming applications [message #82415 is a reply to message #82409] Wed, 20 April 2016 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
I can understand that phones are not ideal music player. Work requires me to move around a lot everyday and I can't afford to buy a better music player yet. So I'm looking for ways to improve the experience. Headphones and earphones help, yes.

What is Pandora? I'm simply curious about these apps and I wonder how they work exactly to prove their advertisements.
Re: Music streaming applications [message #82431 is a reply to message #82409] Thu, 21 April 2016 12:31 Go to previous message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
I don't use my phone for listening to music either. I can't get past the sound quality. In fact, the only way I can use my iPod is if I hook it up to a player or use headphones. You would think that they would have put a better speaker in these devices.
Previous Topic: Outdoor listening
Next Topic: Locally Owned
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:07:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout